The military says they have nothing to do with the war in Ukraine04 / 04 / 22 Visitors: 286
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday signed a decree appointing 134.5 thousand. There are new recruits, but the Russian Defense Ministry denies sending them to Ukraine, which was occupied by Russia five weeks ago, Reuters reported on Thursday.
This is the annual spring call, which will take place from April 1 to July 15, and men aged 18-27 will take part in it, the presidential decree explains.
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu on Tuesday stressed that the recruits will undergo only three to five months of training and will not be sent anywhere where there is fighting.
The agency adds that the issue of the participation of Russian conscripts in the war against Ukraine is "very sensitive" — on March 9, the Russian Defense Ministry confirmed that conscripts were also sent to Ukraine, earlier Putin repeatedly denied this information on various occasions, claiming that only professional military are fighting there.
According to Russian law, conscripts can be sent to fight after several months of training, said lawyer Mikhail Benyash, quoted by Reuters, representing the interests of several servicemen of the Rosgvardiya who refused to carry out orders and fight on the territory of Ukraine.
Ukrainian military intelligence warned on Monday that the spring draft in Russia will become a cover for the secret mobilization of reservists who will be sent to fight in Ukraine. He added that, according to his information, prisoners should also be mobilized and sent into battle.
Russia launched an invasion of Ukraine on February 24. According to the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, 1,189 civilians had been killed by Wednesday. According to UN estimates, more than 10 million Ukrainians were forced to leave their homes, almost 4 million of them fled abroad. (DAD)
A complete list of unscrupulous brokers, that we do not recommend working with is available here.